Tales of the Cocktail has announced 2017’s seminars. As per usual it’s a superlative lineup of industry changes, enlightenment, and rollicking good fun.
I couldn’t help but notice major crossover appeal. Here are five non-hospitality-industry people who would get plenty out of the TOTC lineup.
The schedule offers plenty of deep dives into our drinking past:
- The Original Whiskey Writer: Alfred Barnard – Noah Rothbaum
- We the People: Cocktails in the Colonies – Brian Maxwell
- Great Hoaxes in Cocktail History – Robert Simonson (Simonson knows a thing or two about the topic.)
- Sailor’s Joy: 400 years of Drinking at Sea – David Wondrich
- From the Medicine Cabinet to the Liquor Cabinet – Noah Rothbaum
- A Journey Into the World of Vintage Spirits – Edgar Harden
Librarians and academics
Get your sexy research on (and your cotton gloves):
- Finding Classic Cocktails in the Dusty Archives – Philip Greene
We’re Next Generation devotees around these parts but there’s room for even NuTrek under our umbrella:
- Drink Well, Live Long and Prosper? – Claire Smith-Warner